George Roy Hill shows the life of two train-robbing outlaws
in Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid. When
I first heard that I was going to be seeing this movie, I wasn’t to thrilled.
Not because the movie sounded bad to me but, because I had never heard of
it. However, when the movie began, my
view changed. The perfect balance of action and comedy in this film is what
made it so great.
Like some
kids I tend to keep my distance from older movies just because I generally have
found older movies not as amusing as the newer ones. This is one of the reasons
that I was disappointed when I heard we were watching Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid. But I tell you, this movie exceeded
all of my expectations. Part of what I think made watching two old western
outlaws rob trains is the way they did it. They didn’t rob trains in a very
intense violent way but more of in a calm friendly way. This gave the movie
just an all around more comfortable feeling. What also made the movie have such
a friendly feeling is the humor. There were multiple funny moments through out
the film. Comedy has always been my favorite movie genre, which is part of the
reason that I enjoyed this movie so much. In my opinion it was just the perfect
clash of comedy and action. The production designer did a very good job with
the sets and costumes, the way the lighting was adjusted to change the mood was
great.
After
seeing this movie I am now interested in other old movies that are known to be
good. Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid
honestly changed my view on old action movies. I always thought there would be
lame special effects and it just wouldn’t be enjoyable, but I really did enjoy
this movie. I recommend this movie to whoever is looking for a quality movie to
watch. A solid production designer and director, good acting and an awesome story
made this a very good, well-made movie.
No comments:
Post a Comment